Friday, February 24, 2006

Target Sued Over Inaccessible Website

I found this little tidbit on WebAIM, a site that deals with accessibility for the disabled.

"Target, a large retailer in the United States, has been sued by the National Federation of the Blind and a blind UC Berkeley student due to the inaccessibility of its web site. This will no doubt be an important lawsuit"

You are wondering why I'm posting this? When I went to the Target site, I noticed that there is ALOT of FLASH used. I'm wondering if using Flash is what is making in considered inaccessible. That could mean problems for Flash users!

UPDATE: Jason added a comment, and since comments aren't seen automatically I'll mention:
here are examples and explanations on how Flash can be used to create a site that can be used by all. http://www.webaim.org/techniques/flash/

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadon said...

WebAIM is a great site - here are examples and explanations on how Flash can be used to create a site that can be used by all.

http://www.webaim.org/techniques/flash/

I'm thinking it was most likely the issue of Target overlooking things to make the site accessible, but thanks for posting this as it's something we should think about when making a great site.

February 25, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home